Would you like to make a difference to your local community?
COMMUNITY COUNCILLOR VACANCY
We currently have one vacancy that we are looking to fill by co-option. We invite anyone who is interested in being considered to notify the clerk via e-mail or post. In particular we would like to hear of any specific skills or interests that you believe would benefit the Parish Council.
The position is unpaid and includes approximately 11 meetings a year. The Parish Council is non political.
A Parish Councillor must be:
- a British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union, and
- 18 years or older on the day you become nominated for election
- for the whole of the 12 months prior to nomination he/she must:
- have been an elector of the parish and either occupied or owned/rented premises in the parish, or
- resided within 3 miles of the boundary of the parish, or
- had his/her principal or only place of work in that area
You cannot stand for election if you:
- are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
- have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine
If you would like to be considered for this place or you would like further information about the role of a community councillor and the co-option process, please contact :
Clerk to Polperro Community Council
PO Box 82